The Konkan Housing & Area Development Board has to act and carry out its functions within the ambit and framework of decisions taken by the MHADA and also within the ambit of powers delegated to the Regional Boards.
1. Land Procurement
The board acquires land from various sources for implementing Housing schemes.
- ULC Land
- Government Land
- Semi Government Land
- Private land under section 52 of MHAD Act
- Land acquisition under section 41 of MHAD Act
2. Housing Activities
Construction of dwelling units such as tenements & plots under various income categories, such as E.W.S., L.I.G., M.I.G., H.I.G. Also construction of shops, shopping tenements, Hospitals, Dispensaries etc. and development of Society plots, Commercial plots, Amenity plots, School Plots etc.
3. Monitoring of Central Govt. and State Govt. Schemes
The Board monitors following centrally & state sponsored schemes.
- Lok Awas Yojana
- Valmiki Ambedkar Awas Yojana
- Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban renewal mission (JNNURM)
- Basic services to urban poors. (BSUP)
- Integrated Housing and slum development programme (IHSDP)
- National Slum Development Programme (NSDP)
- Rajeev Gandhi Gramin Nivara Yojana No.1 - Original & Revised (For BPL)
- Rajeev Gandhi Gramin Nivara Yojana No.2 - Original & Revised (For BPL)